Here comes the Flag!! Always at the beginning of the parades. Just where it should be. I love to see the flag and hope to be able to teach our children the importance of the flag. As the flag came up the street. I asked Anna (her, Emmy and I watched the parade while the rest were in it) to stand and put her hand over her heart. Even after the flag went by she kept her hand on her heart. I told her she could take it off and go get the candy that everyone was throwing (with not many viewers of the parade those who do usually end up with all the candy). She told me no because she could still see the flag. I found it amazing that my 2 year old knew the importance of saluting the flag until she couldn't see it any more. As soon as it went around the corner she went after all the candy!!


Anna got front row seats for the Parade and didn't have to fight for Candy!

Here comes my little buddy. The first day that he got to ride his new bike & he did a great job!

Here is Brooke and her Best Friend Morlie Hayes. These two are inseperable at times!!

Cora still had to ride her little bike but she didn't let the size slow her down any. She was nearly in the front of the Parade and the kids were usually in the middle of the Parade. When the vehicles stopped she would go right on by. Good thing that the rule out here is that you watch for the kids not the kids watch for cars because then I would really have a reason to be scared.
The kids had so much fun and look forward to this event all year round. I know that it doesn't top Oakley parade and rodeo but it is so fun and personable here.
No comments:
Post a Comment