Saturday, July 5, 2008

Super Big UH-OH!!!

Sunday Mornings are always done in order. Since JayDee has been in the Bishopbric and I am on my own getting the kids ready for Church we have had to have order in what we do so that we are on time. Let's just say that this didn't fit anywhere in our schedule before Church (nor after Church, this was a big mess)

I had just gotten out of the shower and was helping Brooke in the shower when Jayden and Cora both came in saying that I was going to be SUPER mad. I asked them why and all they would say was Anna did it (which probably means she had help). I walked into the kitchen and just about flew off the handle!!! JayDee had gotten the hot chocolate and powdered sugar down for the kids breakfast and didn't tell me about it and then forgot to put them away. So needless to say we had them both all over!!

When I walked in the kitchen Anna held up her hands full of hot chocolate mix and asked if I wanted any. I couldn't help but laugh then loosing any chance of scolding her. That came later. I knew I had to get the camera before I let my anger set in so I could remember this (Not that I could forget). I needed to have a good laugh or I was afraid I might get really angry. This really messed up our schedule for Sunday.

(look at the footprint in the mess!)
I made Jayden, Cora and Anna miss Church that day, telling them that because of the time crunch and all the work that I have to do to get everyone ready for Church I needed their help in the future. I suspect that Anna didn't act alone in making this mess otherwise Jayden and Cora wouldn't have come and tattled they would have waited for me to find the mess and then blame it on Anna. (I speak from experience!!!) Since that Sunday I have had some really great helpers getting ready for Church. I am a firm believer that if you give a punishment you have to follow through with it or the kids won't learn as fast.

No comments: