
The 25th of August our little Elementary loaded up the little yellow bus with all the kids and headed out to Antelope Flats with a train of parents following behind with all the other younger kids who wanted to be apart. Even JayDee got to get off work to go. Because he was going I found a way to get Cora to go (not too hard since swimming was involved!). Leaving me with Anna and Emmalee. Well, I guess I did have Tim and Gary as well. But they were so busy fixing our pipes that I think they were plenty entertained that they left me alone for the most part. Other than the occassional moment when they let me know what was going on. But really having just the two littlest ones was really nice. We went up and cleaned the guest house - I even got Anna to help me take the sheets off of the beds and then drag them to the washer, I even found her trying to load the washer for me. Too bad the red sheets would have turned the white ones pink - otherwise I would have left it the way she did it. We headed home and had lunch, she fell asleep - I got rid of the two extra kids (Tim and Gary) and put Emmalee down and had just sat down to read from the scriptures when the other kids (mine plus JayDee) walked in. They were about 45 minutes earlier than I had planned but with the threatening clouds and the thunder and lightening they had to leave the lake. And then all the fun of finding out all about the trip began. I was first told all about how cold the water was but that didn't stop them from swimming. Jayden was so excited because he and his friend Kelly went and looked for Dinosaur bones.

Brooke told me all about this weird looking creature. I still am not 100% sure what it is but think it is a Crawfish. The kids on the trip kept saying it was a Crawdad but I know from growing up what crawdads look like. They may look just as creepy but quite a bit different. They actually got to see antelope. Each time we have gone out there have been none (go figure! From the name I would think they would be in great numbers). The beach is so full of rocks that they had to bring them home with them. Soon after this trip both Jayden and Brooke came home with rocks that they had painted on. Grandma Nelson had her garden of rocks that weren't as colorful as these so I have decided I might have to take her idea and change it just a little. The kids sure had fun picking just the right rock and then coloring on them. After the excitement of the trip wore off the kids all laid down and watched a movie and all fell asleep they were so tired!! Thank you for all that helped with this trip! I know that my kids (JayDee included) had a great time!!
1 comment:
Sounds like fun! Yeah def. not a crawdad-but it looks mean non the less those pinchers are huge.
Post a Comment