Friday, September 12, 2008

First day of Second Grade

Okay so here is my little Brooke who isn't so little any more. She was excited to start school again because she said she will get to play with her friends every day. I thought she played enough this summer but I guess not!!! I asked her which subject she was looking forward to the most and to my surprise she said both Math and Science (both are my least favorite classes!!). Good thing she has her dad!! He is great at both these subjects and he makes them fun for her. After just a couple days of school I started to notice that she was coming home and would spend the rest of the day not really saying anything. I asked her why and she told me that she didn't like school anymore because the work was too hard this year. I told her that it meant she was getting smarted and she told me that she wished she could do the same thing Jayden gets to do. In their Elementary school the K, 1st and 2nd grades are in the same class. They just get different assingments so Brooke gets to see what the younger classes are doing and yes they are easier. But she has not brought home a bad assingment yet so I know that she will be able to handle it she just has to get used to it. I love her so much and I am also so proud of her and all that she has accomplished so far. I get so excited watching her excell in all she does because I know that she is going to have many chances to do what she wants.


She was too busy watching all her friends come in that she wasn't paying attention to me who was trying to get her picture in her class room.

Brooke is a great friend to Jayden and watches out for him. Believe it or not we do have some bullies on the playground and has had Jayden upset a couple of times but each time he says that Brooke comes and tells them to be nice.

4 comments:

Crystal said...

Holy Smokes! She is tall!! Or is Jayden just short? Such a cute girl!

Dutch John Guymon said...

Both - At her Dr appointment last week we were told that she is in the 95% and is the size of an average 8 year old. Jayden has always been in the 50% so I think it is a little bit of both!!

Amy N. said...

Oh my gosh they are so stinking cute! Like mother like daughter right and Jayden must take after our short genes that everyone but you seemed to have gotten. Give them a squeeze for me!

Carrie said...

They are so lucky to have the tall genes in the family! You better keep a close eye on miss Brooke, she is going to be a heartbreaker! JayDee is really good with making homework more fun I remember a couple of times him helping me! Very smart guy ya got there!