Saturday, June 28, 2008

"Is That Really Snow?!!"

Two weeks ago I needed to get out and mow the lawn. Our outside thermometer said 40 degrees but I was so sick of seeing the dead stems of the dandillions. So I went out and started mowing. I have decided that it is so much more pleasant to mow when it is only 40 degrees versus 70-80 degrees. I could see my breath as I was mowing. The kids kept telling me that I was crazy because I didn't have my coat on but it sure felt good to get a work out and not even break a sweat.

I was only on the first line across the back of the hill when it started snowing on me. I thought well I can hurry and finish since there was only small flakes at this point but just as I thought this the mower ran out of gas. So I had to call it a day. The sun came out shortly after that but I still didn't have gas and I didn't want to walk down to the gas station to get more! Who would when it means that you have to do more mowing?! You would have to be crazy!!

Needless to say Brooke thought it was so much fun to get snow in the "Summer" technically it was still spring so I guess it was okay to snow. The kids all wanted to get into their swim suits to play in the snow. I guess they thought it would be just as fun as when it was raining and I let them change so they could play outside. I can tell they are my kids! They never dress warm when it gets cold. JayDee would probably have a fit if had seen them!!


We have heard from several people in our ward that they have seen snow in every month except August. Yes! That is right! It snowed one year as everyone was going out to watch fire works on the Fourth of July. How about that? I sure hope I don't ever see that. I just might cry. I would take this heat any day over the snow. I bet you are wondering why I am here in Utah then right!? Well where else do you get to see the different seasons as well as we do? They might be a little behind or a little ahead of our plans but still we have all four seasons.

1 comment:

Grandma said...

crazy weather! We have been having crazy stuff too, but now we are going to be hitting the 100 degree mark this week, they are saying. Brookie I miss you.