For Valentines Day this year I put the following together for him. He asked me to put it on the blog to share with everyone but I didn't want to until now. Not because I want you all to tell me how clever it is (I already know it is!!!) but because I have found that this is the best place for me to put my ideas and thoughts and have them saved...please no one tell me about computer crashes because right now I just need to THINK that everything will be alright and I will have this FOREVER!!!
So if you don't want to read what I have to say skip it and go to the next one. Brooke wrote a really sweet book that I PUBLISHED on the blog!!!
Those of you who do want to read this just know that this is all about JayDee and my marriage. I took the lyrics from "He Thought He Knew What Love Was" (if you want you can look up the real lyrics to compare) and worded it to be about us....
Their first touch at seventeen was on the trek
And the sun was hot
He was beautiful to her
And his hair was blonde and his arms were strong
And his skin was warm
And he carried her
And she thought she knew what love was.
(on our stake pioneer trek he was in my family and on the first day I got heat exhaustion but pushed as long as I could. Just before our last break he and Mike Borgstrom came and carried me the next little ways. But if you were to ask him he doesn't remember it. He doesn't remember me at all being in his family. He blames it on his pre-mission mind! Come to find out years after the trek (after we were married) I was trying to prove to him that I was really in his family I pulled out my scrapbook and my journal so I could show him. Well guess what? I got the shock of all shocks...As I was going through my journal I found where I had written that he was the one that I would marry. I was so impressed with how polite and gentleman like he was. Yes, I truly had forgotten about that journal entry. I still don't remember writting it but it is there. Don't believe me come visit and I will show you!!)
Another touch at twenty-one on their wedding night
And the car was so neat
He was beautiful to her
And his hair wind blown and his lips so sweet
And his skin was warm
And he turned to her
And she thought she knew what love was.
(Okay for those of you who were at the reception would know that we were SUPER lucky to be taken down to our room in Salt Lake by Brother Al Garcia in his sweet car!!! We got to sit in the fold out seat with the balloons attatched to the back along with the "Just Married" sign (yes they were all intact when we got to SL). As we rode down the freeway (yes, I-15) we got many honks and many many waves. We got to CRUISE State Street before Al dropped us off. I don't think there is a better way to leave your wedding reception!!! Thank You so much Brother Al!!!)
And then again at twenty-two when their Brookey came
And the room was full
He was beautiful to her
And his hair was messy and his fingers steady
And his skin was warm
And he glowed to her
And she thought she knew what love was.
(JayDee and I had stayed up until about 1 am writing talks that we were supposed to give the Sunday we had Brooke. We left at 2:30 am to get to the hospital so he was quite tired and frazzled that day. He slept on the couch in the delivery room whenever he could. But we had quite the room full of people. We had his Mom and Dad and his sister Christy and of course the doctor and nurses. Knowing what I know now I didn't do that again. It is such a beautiful time and should be shared with your new baby and the one who helped create the baby!!!)
Later on at twenty-nine dancing to this song
All the kids asleep
He IS beautiful to her
And his hair is short and his smile is long
And his skin is warm
And he spun to her
And she knew that she knew what love is.
Their last touch is not so close today
But the day will come
He IS beautiful to her.
Have they lived the life they so wanted to
With their hearts so full
And they turned to each
And they knew that they knew what love was.
After all these years of laughter and tears
I know that I know what love IS!
(We are still writing the rest of this history. In many many many years I should be able to finish this journal entry but for now that is all she wrote...)
Minnie And Me
2 weeks ago



1 comment:
Great Story! Oh, and if you're wondering who I am, I am an old friend of JayDee's (and Tom's) from WSU. Just found you guys through a mutual friend (Judith).
Our own website is www.jamesnmartha.com
Post a Comment