Wednesday, August 20, 2008

Well Child Check Turns Into....

....MORE THAN WE ASKED FOR!! Last Friday we were finally seen for Emmys' four month well child check. Between ours and the doctors schedule we got behind a little. We walked in thinking all would be just fine as usual and walked out with an order to go have a CT screening done. The Dr. said that as she was feeling her head and even just looking at it she noticed that one side of her head is sticking out further than the other so it makes her head look lopsided. As the Dr. is pointing this out JayDee voices that he has noticed it as well. Funny since I am with her all day every day I have never noticed it so she must have had it all along and just got worse with time. I am curious to know how many others have noticed this!?


I took her to Ashley Regional Medical Center (Vernal Hospital) yesterday afternoon which was a big mistake. I found myself holding back tears so the Tech wouldn't see me cry. I wasn't nervous or even scared because I don't think there is anything to be worried about, but just the fact that I, being the mom, had to stand there and watch her be slid into this test was enough to send anyone to tears. She looked too small to be there. They could atleast come up with a smaller tube so that these poor moms don't get too upset!! Then everytime the tech would get the scan going the sounds would scare Emmalee so she wouldn't hold still. I eventually got her to go to sleep and then she held still perfectly. But next time (hopefully there isn't a next time) JayDee gets to go and I will stay home with the other kids. I would have thought that I had learned my lesson with Brooke but I just can't help it. I want to be there with my babies!

We should get the results from the test on Thursday or Friday of this week so we will keep you posted. But don't worry (I'm not yet!) I haven't found anything wrong with her growth or development so far so I don't think there is anything wrong other than maybe the way the bones have fused together. But it never hurts to have extra prayers so please remember her in yours!!

5 comments:

Keith Welch said...

Yaussa, that is scary. Poor little girl. Please let us know how the results turn out. And don't worry, you all are always in our prayers. Love ya'll

Crystal said...

Oh, poor Emmy! And poor you too for having to watch it. Maybe JayDee and the doctor just hold their heads crooked? Maybe we all have lopsided heads to them? I'll be watching for an update (or you can call!). Love you all up there.

Amy N. said...

I never noticed it, if I did I might have just thought that she favored one side of her head more than the other-I have seen that a lot before and the parents just have to force the baby onto the other side to re-shape it. Keep us posted on the outcome!

Kirsten Knowles said...

That can't be right she is so happy! I hope it turns out to be nothing wow I'm about to cry that is pretty scary. Good heck & I'm not pregnant so I have no reason to be emotional right?

ScottBoomer said...

We'll keep you in our prayers.
We know a little bit about what it's like to do tests and wait for results. It can be agony. Let us know if we can do any thing for you.