Sunday, August 17, 2008

Like father....

Like son!!! I found this hilarious and had to share. This past week both Brooke and Jayden have been counting down the days until school starts (from today it is 3). Well last Thursday I woke up and came out to the front room and found Jayden already dressed (including shoes and socks) which is not usually the case before breakfast. I didn't think anything of it. Well I walked over to the computer and as I passed the front door I found he had hung his back pack up. I asked him to put it away and he told me he couldn't because he was afraid that he might forget it. I told him that he still had 6 more days until school started. He hung his head and went and took it off the door handle and then turned around and said, "But Mom, I have it packed and ready. What if Cora 'undoes' it?" I told him that Cora had her own back pack to play with and then asked him what was in his pack. He came and showed me. There was his snack and his show and tell. At DJ Elementary the kids all get to have snack time at their ten o'clock recess. They have found that it helps the kids to keep on task until lunch time. Of course it has to be a healthy snack though! And his show and tell happened to be his spy gadget (a happy meal toy from when Grandpa Guymon took him out to lunch last weekend)! He had the most important things to him packed. The kids here don't have to supply any of their own paper or pencils so he doesn't have to worry about them just the fun stuff (that he already had packed). Since his snack was a pack of animal crackers I told him to just keep them there and he would be set for Wednesday. He was happier then to go put his pack away for now!!

The reason I say like father like son is because his Dad was the same way for school (College at least!). A couple days before school would start he would pull out his backpack and fill it to the brim with all his books and his notebooks and even a small case with his pencils and pens. Most of the time he did it at night after the kids were in bed so they weren't doing their version of helping (unpacking) with him. So I have no idea where Jayden got it. It must be in the genes!!!

I love both of them so much and am so happy that they both have something to get so excited about. Me, I never could sleep the night before but that was all the excitement I had. Not a week before school started like these two. I think Brooke has my syndrome unfortunately. But good thing the first days are light and easy!! She can come home and sleep before the next day starts!!

I don't know what we are going to do for the next two days to keep little Jayden busy so he doesn't think too much about school!! Hopefully something will come to mind!

2 comments:

Chad Welch said...

Have any of them come into your room yet and said, "Mom, I thought I was asleep, but then I opened my eyes." Trevor starts tomorrow and he has already come up once. We'll see how the rest of the night plays out.

Amy N. said...

LOL! Jacey doesn't start until Wed. and she came out 3 times tonight :) Funny I am probably as anxious as she is. Dax couldn't care less-yet