little "mom" to help me. Thank you for making the bottles and just being there to hold her and make her happy. I know that Anna is loving the time that she gets to "snugga" you. Every night she asks if she can go to bed with you so you will "snugga" her. Cora loves that you know how to read her books and Jayden loves being able to ride his bike with you. But he says you need to wear your helmet when you ride and I couldn't agree more. You now have a big bike and not quite sure how to ride it so get that helmet and pads that Grandma and Grandpa Welch gave you a couple years ago for your birthday. We want you to be safe.You are growing into such a beautiful young girl. As your parents we are so happy with you. You have a testimony of our prophet and of the Book of Mormon. It makes my heart so happy when I get to hear you bear your testimony. I hope that you will take every chance that you get to bear it to anyone who will listen.
I love to go through our scrapbooks and see how much you have grown. It doesn't seem like seven years ago that you were just a baby like Emmalee. You weren't able to do anything for yourself and here you are doing so much for your siblings. I thought it would be fun to post some of your pictures from the previous years...
Here you are two months old - on your blessing day. The funny story about that day is that Mom and Dad both had been asked to speak in church and so we decided that we would do your blessing on the same day (not too wise now that I look back on it!). Dad was quite nervous about either speaking or giving his first name and blessing. When it was time for him to go and give you a blessing he walked off without you so I had to take you to him. And then when the blessing was over your dress (that was my blessing dress) got stuck on his suit coat button and he nearly threw you to the front row. But even with all that it was a very special day for all of us. You were blessed that you would be happy and I can say that the promise has come to past already.
Here is my big three year old and boy you look like you could be going to school!! This was after Aunt Crystals mission farewell talk in Church. She served her mission in Argentina. I always wanted to serve a mission but your dad caught me first. But now we will be able to serve together when you kids are all grown. I hope you will always know that you are able to do anything you want to do. No matter what anyone else thinks you just do it!!!
This picture was taken by Aunt Amy before she became so famous for her picture taking. This was at Grandma and Grandpa Welch's house on Christmas Eve of 2004. Grandma always make a wonderful meal on Christmas Eve so while we lived close we would go over there to partake. Maybe one day her talents will rub off on me and we can start some of those good traditions!I am so happy you are my daughter and I love you so much. I hope you continue to grow strong in the church and love to learn the teachings. There are so many things that you can learn if you just listen and do. Both Dad and I are so pleased with how much you are learning in school. You are so smart. It amazes me how much you know just after two years of school. You are so lucky to have the teachers that you do. They have told us how much you make them smile at school and how much they love that it is you who welcome the new students no matter who they are...boy, girl, older or younger. Your Dad and I have had many conversations about how we get scared how you are not afraid of anyone. We worry that you wouldn't be able to tell the difference between a good stranger and a bad one. But to hear this from your teachers makes me happy to know that you are a good friend.
I could go on and on about all the things that I love about you because there is so much but I think you get the drift and if ever you forget you just come and find me and I will remind you!!!
We love you so much!!!
Love,
Dad and Mom



3 comments:
What a great post Monica! I even got a little teary eyed...
Brooke you are such a beautiful girl, and like your parents I don't know where the years have gone!? I remember you as a little baby just as if it was yesterday. How you would get so excited and just squeeze every single muscle in your body, you were so funny! And like your Aunt Carrie you have been boy CRAZY pretty much your whole life! I hope that you had a great day! I love you so much and I want you to know that I am always here for you!!
HaPpY BiRtHdAy!!!! I LOVE YOU SO SO MUCH!!!
Happy Birthday Brookie Tay! 7 whole years!! Wow :) Thanks for putting up the pictures from when she was younger. I was thinking yesterday that I couldn't remember what she looked like as a little girl. I was trying so hard, but couldn't bring any images to mind. You read my mind and put them up! EmmaLee really does look just like her. She is lucky to have such a wonderful big sister! I love you Brooke!
Brooke! Hope you had a great birthday! We LOVE YOU!
Jacey says: (typed by her mom as we would be here ALL day if not)
Hi Brooke. Happy birthday. My friend Gracie has the same birthday as you. I wish my birthday was the same as yours too since you are my friend too.
Post a Comment