Thursday, November 6, 2008

Well the rumors are true....

We have added to our big "little" family!! Yesterday we adopted a new little boy. He is nine weeks old and just as cute as can be!! There was some contention in his original family so the parents asked if we would take him and love him as our own. Of course we jumped at the chance. Jayden came home from school yesterday and called JayDee and told him "I finally have a brother!!" He told me today that "we now have 5 girls and 3 boys so that is more fair." I will try to post pictures of him tomorrow but for now I am so tired from keeping up with two babies that I am ready to climb into bed (since all the kids are in bed) and catch up on the many books that I need to read!! We don't know what he weighs or how tall he is but I will post that with the pictures. We really haven't decided on a name but Jayden wants to call him "Little Rascal." I never thought I would have to come up with another name so I have no idea. The Mom asked us to give him a name that would fit our family. So if you have any good boy name suggestions let me know and we will let you know what we decide.

Hey Trever, can we have a blessing the same week as your baptism? Not really! I wouldn't want to take away from such a special day for you!! I can't believe that you are already getting baptized. Let us know when and where. We would love to come down and support you!!

Stay tuned for pictures. You won't believe all the hair this little boy has!! Emmy has already taken a couple fist fulls!

8 comments:

Carrie said...

OH MY GOODNESS!!!!!! YAY Monica and family that is the most exciting news ever!! and I never heard any rumors!! :) I cannot not wait to meet him...Awe...Best week of my life! First Kirsten and now you!!! I LOVE our BIG family, now if only you lived a bit closer...
Call if you need anything!

Anonymous said...

Wow this is wonderful news. Mom had heard the rumor but she hadn't shared with me. We have Stake Conference, and no Missionary Prep, this weekend so it looks like the perfect weekend to come see my newest Grand. Congrates !!!

Chad Welch said...

Wowza. That is really awesome! We can't wait to meet him. Trevor's baptism is Sat Dec 6 at 11:00 in the morning. Anybody is more than welcome to stay at our house if you want. I don't think it would distract at all from Trevor's day to have his cousin blessed either. We already have a blessing the next day for April's brother, so we can't travel to DJ. However, if you worked something out to bless him during Trev's meeting that would be fun, or we can travel to your place in Jan. Call if you want to work something out.

Kirsten Knowles said...

Okay I have a feeling this little guy it a dog. Anybody else getting that vibe? Am I right Monica? How about Dakota :) What kind of dog is it? Is it a big guy or little? That's so fun! And if it's not I apologize YAY for Guymons!!!!!!

Carrie said...

I did NOT get the pet vibe kirsten you must have gotten it me... I want a boxer mom and dad!!

Crystal said...

Well...dog, cat, human...they are all cute! I was thinking a human baby until I read Kirsten's comment. Then went back and read your post and I think I'm with Kirsten on this one. But, if we're wrong, that's ok. We'll love grandbaby number 14 just the same! What a happy day for your family:)

Jenefer said...

I'm with Kirsten too! No one can "adopt" a baby that quick! And you wouldn't be planning a "blessing" unless you had already gone through the court system....so until something concrete happens, I'm not saying much!

Plus...NEVER heard the rumor and I know the Welch's would have read it on the blog!

Amy N. said...

I TOTALLY have a dog vibe too! But I still want to see pictures of him!