This week has not been one that I would chalk up on my good week list (not that I keep track). It all started with an absolutely horrible sickness. One little neighbor boy best described it as "I swallowed a cactus!!" Which is so true!! Monday I had no voice and was so sick I laid on the couch all day. Tuesday I woke up with more of a voice but still very weak and tired. I had a Dr. appointment scheduled to discuss more antidepressants since my prescription is out. While in there I was told that the reason my antidepressant wasn't working anymore was because I am bipolar instead of depressed (Yes there is a difference)! I sure didn't feel good about myself coming out of the appointment. I wondered what it was that I did to deserve these problems. It took me a good day to remember that I am not the only one suffering but at the time it sure felt like it. So now I have been referred to a Psychiatrist in Roosevelt. I am not sure how I feel about that but I guess if I stand any chance of getting help with these horrible mood swings and depressed feelings I have to right?!
I came home that night and just needed to do something that would make me feel better so guess what I did? No! I don't think you could guess! I pulled out the gifts that we already have for Christmas and turned on some Christmas music and wrapped presents. It is amazing how such a simple act can change the way a person feels. For me it made me so happy to know that I was giving these presents to our kids and could already see (in my mind of course) how happy they are about what they have so far and it just made me more excited to finish Christmas shopping early so that I don't have to "STRESS" over it as Christmas gets closer and closer. I am excited to just sit back and enjoy the rest of the holiday season with a smile on my face (I hope) and get ready for the BIG day!!
As for playing the Christmas music, I have put it away again so I don't get too tired of it yet. But have it at my fingertips to turn on again if I need to. I have found that most of the songs at Christmas time are about our Savior Jesus Christ and how much He loves us and what we need to do to show Him our love in return. How can you not feel good when listening to it? Maybe I should keep some of the music out all year round and turn in to whenever there is a bad day! Some of you reading this understand that with me a bad day is not just a bad day but a really bad day. So yes I do need something to pull me out of it rather than just getting over it!
Merry "Early" Christmas to you all!!
Minnie And Me
2 weeks ago



No comments:
Post a Comment