Who knew that this would become as huge as it has. I knew that it was big but never thought it would become as wonderful yet so horrible at the same time. Being a Mormon I understand what is so wrong about "Same Sex Marriages" but it also makes us a target for a lot of negative that is happening because of "our" involvement in getting Prop 8 passed. It is kind of hard to miss all the bad that is happening around our country seeing how it is all over the news. I wish they could all understand the big picture the way we do and see that it is for their own good. I have done a lot of thinking and JayDee and I have had several conversations about it. JayDee made a comment one night that I have loved and want to share. We know that in the next life it is all about our progression and making it to the top of the Celestial Kingdom. We also know that we have been told to multiply and replenish the earth and as we all know that can't happen between same sex couples so how is it that they could do any progressing? They can't! Which testifies to me that the Church's involvement was very much needed and I support everything that has happened and will support everything that will happen.
One thing that has been said that has had me so upset is that the gays are comparing themselves to blacks and their persecutions. The big difference I see is that the blacks were born black and didn't have a choice about how they were treated, but the gays were not born gay (no matter what they may say, God would not create gays and yet give us a bible and prophets which all talk against that life-style) so they do get to choose the way of their lives. Yet, it is us Mormons who are the bad ones. I guess it is true what has been said: The bad will be made to look good and the good will be made to look bad. That definitely true right now.
One last note, we saw on ABC 4 news members of the church were resigning from the church due to the passing of prop 8. How sad for them and their families!! As a member of the church I know that we are not judging the people (as they all seem to think) but we are judging their lifestyles. They may not know the difference but I do know that there is a difference.
It make me sad to think about what Heavenly Father is thinking right now. I am sure He is in tears about everything that is going on. How can His children be so against each other. I am ETERNALLY GRATEFUL that I am not the judge. It is going to be a very difficult job.
I did get this email from "LDS Living" that I found uplifting and hopeful. http://www.ldslivingonline.com/article.php?articleId=82645 Feel free to go read it if you want and if not that is okay too. I didn't put it through Snopes so don't quote me on it. I just found that it made me feel hopeful and happy again about such a sad topic.
I love you all and hope that my opinions don't offend anyone.
Minnie And Me
2 weeks ago



No comments:
Post a Comment