Emmalee Jean Guymon came leaping into our lives Friday February 29, 2008 at 1:46 pm. She weighed 6lb 11oz and is 20 inches long. She decided that since she was going to be born on Leap Day than she better make a grand entrance. I had been in true labor for only an hour and 15 minutes when she came. The Doctor had left the hospital because he didn't think she would come as fast as she did so he missed the entire birth. I delivered at Ashley Regional Medical Center in Vernal. They average about 30 babies a month and this particular weekend they had 9 babies so all the nurses were busy so I didn't have an OB Nurse but a MedSurge Nurse. Between her and the Anesthesiologist they delivered Emmalee. I got to experience the whole thing natural because the epidural that was supposed to be working wasn't. But I wouldn't change it for the world. It is the neatest experience! I don't think I would be sane if I did natural deliveries for all five kids but one was great! She gave us a scare the first night. She stopped breathing twice. A whole bunch of tests were run and they think it is because of the rapid delivery all the mucus and amniotic fluid wasn't all out of her body and she was chocking on it. They kept her on monitors that first night and reported that she had a good night and that she hadn't had any other episodes. We brought her home Sunday March 2, 2008 and she is doing just fine. All the kids love her but I don't think as much as little Anna. She has informed us that Emmy is hers and not ours. We have to be careful when we let her hold her because then she won't let us have her back. We know that Anna will be her protector.
No comments:
Post a Comment