Tuesday, June 29, 2010

An Update that really isn't an Update!!

So let's see....we left off with my Birthday. I now have a lot to catch you all up on. So as many of you know this month has been a lot of ups and downs, literally. We have made how many trips down to Ogden and back up to Dutch John. Oh Yeah!! Four (so far)!!! It started on the 8th of June I had to go down to meet with a G.I. Doctor (well, actually his NP) since I have been having problems with my tummy since January. NP Earley gave me three options that it could be and trust me none of them sounded good. I refuse to even write them down until I have an answer for fear of jinxing myself. She scheduled me for an upper endoscopy and a colonoscopy for the 18th of June. But before that could happen we made the trek back home so that JayDee and I could go to the Opthamologist on the 9th of June (yes, that's is right, my birthday!). And I must say that so far that has been the best thing about MY summer. I LOVE my new glasses. The kids all say I look pretty (what did I look like before the glasses?) and JayDee says I look very studious! Well, I must say....you will all have to look for yourself!! They even came in my favorite color - green!!! If you use your imagination please be kind!! :) Well, on June 11th we headed down to Salt Lake and partied with DD and HH. The next day we got up early and headed to the Dentist! Yep, I have MORE cavities along with Cora (poor girl has my teeth) and Brooke! We were told that we should schedule Brooke and Jayden for braces sometime this summer! Yes, they are only 7 and 9 but I guess they are starting early! We headed home after that visit and got to rest for a few days before we headed down to Ogden again on the 17th of June. We opted to stay at the new Best Western at the mouth of the Weber Canyon. We wanted to give the kids a fun, different place to sleep and SWIM! Plus, I had to drink the HORRIBLE drink to clean me out COMPLETELY before my procedures the next morning. This way, we knew that the toilet would work just fine!! I survived both the drink and the procedures and when I woke up I was told that they had found a cut out a few polyps but found that along with everything else they were normal. As much as I am grateful nothing bad was found I was and am so TIRED of hearing everything is normal because if this is normal than I don't want to be normal anymore. I just want to live my day without wondering if I will be sick all day or if today will be a good day and I will only be sick a little! JayDee has the pictures for those of you who want to see them. He says he is going to scrapbook them for me since I won't! It is neat that we have the technology today to be able to look inside our bodies with just a small tube. I waked out of that appointment with a new appointment for the following Friday to have a Breath test done. Trust me, I know how silly that sounds, but that is exactly what it was. I had to go on a specific diet Thursday and then fast for the 12 hours prior to the testing. I had to drink a solution and then I sat in a tiny exam room for three hours with a timer set for 20 minutes. After each timer I had a bag that I had to breath into. I am still waiting for the results for that test. It is supposed to tell me if I am allergic to glutton or not. Do any of you realize that flour (wheat or white) is EVERYWHERE!!? I have started paying attention since that might be my life sentence and I can not believe how often I see it. JayDee has always said that we couldn't have pets because of his allergy. So if this happens to be my allergy, I guess it will become the families allergy as well! I might just get me that dog I have wanted for the last few years, just so he can have some of the foods he wants to keep eating!!
My summer may not be going as I had planned, but the kids seem to be enjoying themselves anyhow! I will leave you with some of our summer fun pictures!!
This started out as "Dancing in the Rain" and ended up with "I'm gonna wash that man right out of my hair!!"And the rest of these are of the kids on the Slip and Slide! Thanks Grandma!!Anna wouldn't come close to getting on the slide, heck, she wouldn't even get wet!! She says it was too cold! I don't blame her one bit! The water is COLD!!

4 comments:

Carrie said...

Oh how FUN!!! I want to see you new glasses and come on Monica, you have ALWAYS been pretty!! Love your sweet kiddies!

Amy N. said...

ahhh slip n slides! You must have taught your kids the "wash that man right out of my hair" I remember us doing that in the rain too...oh what fun!

Tanner and Chelsey said...

Let me know if you need anything and what you find out with your tests. Hang in there!!

Justin and Lori said...

Monica we want to see pictures of the new glasses. I hope your summer is going great!