I have been wanting to do this for a long time! And now I can say I have, and I liked it!! We spent ALL day doing applesauce and pearsauce and I must say I enjoyed it! I remember how I dreaded canning day growing up, it always seemed like too much work for not a great pay (seeing how I don't much care for canned foods!). My kids LOVE applesauce and so we put them to work!!

The kids called this the applesauce pooper. They said it plops just like poop. Not the image I want in regards to something so sweet!

It all started with a trip to South Weber, where we picked the few red apples that we could, thanks Mom and Dad! With JayDee getting in the tree to get the tip top apples I knew it wouldn't be long before the kids followed suit. Sure enough, here came the calls of "Look at me Mom! Can you see me?" And of course my least favorite one! "Mom, do you think I should go up higher?" My little "mookeys" as Emmy calls "monkeys", deserved to have some fun since they did work hard at getting the apples, but really, did it have to be in the trees?




Anna did help with the apples until she spotted Papa's swing, and after that there was no getting her motivated (plus, I think she may have been buckled in and couldn't get out! One less mookey in the tree for me to worry about!
Emmy wasn't as much help at getting apples as she was at getting herself into trouble!! But who can get mad at such a cutie! I think I could, if she had fallen off the table!!

This morning we started this amazing feat! It took us nearly all day to do it but it is done and my house smells so good! Plus, it feels so good to have accomplished something I have wanted to do for so long.
And here we have my fantastic helpers! They couldn't get enough of the plungering of the apples and pears!
And, here it is!!! The finished product, well almost, this was before we put it in the jars! Doesn't it look YUMMY!?
But really, this is what I wanted to blog about tonight! Look what I finally did!
But really, this is what I wanted to blog about tonight! Look what I finally did!
After 2 1/2 years, Emmy has finally had her first hair cut! I have been SOOO scared that if her hair were to be cut, she would loose all of her beautiful curls! Lately, I have been cutting the kids' hair and have been really frightened because Emmy has watched and has asked for her turn each time. I knew the day would be coming that she or one of the other kids would do it. I needed to do this so that I wouldn't be mad at the kids when they did it! I can't tell yet if her curls are all the way gone or if we have a true curly head! Time will tell, but I have to say that the cut is super cut. I cut between 2 and 3 inches!



3 comments:
Emmy's hair cut is adorable. Congrats on your applesauce, that looks like it would have been fun.
oh she looks so cute! LOVE her sweetness :) yummy looking applesauce, but I am mostly curious about the "pooper" attachment is that on your kitchen aide? Where did you get it?
Wahoo on the applesauce! But how can you not like applesauce? Crazy! I had a hard time believing how tall and old your kids look when I saw them for the 30 seconds I did last Saturday (better stay longer next time!). Emmy of course is adorable. She has a ton of hair!
Post a Comment