We are making great progress here! We are already to the 24th of July!! Our little town might not compare to the big cities but I quite prefer our little celebration. Each year it is the same thing but guess what? The kids still have a blast and that is what it is about!! Each year we have a parade that includes ALL of the kids so you might be wondering who is left to catch all the candy!! Well, Emmy and I of course!! I think this year the kids all held onto their candy until our house because they sure sent many flying our way. The picture of the flag coming up the road and Emmy sitting in the wagon (picking her nose only happens when the camera is on!) are the only ones of the parade that I took since I was busy spraying them all with the water hose and fighting off the water balloons coming my way!! I think I got them better than they got me!!


As always we got to have smokey the bear make his appearance in the parade and then meet the kids (who aren't afraid) down at the church. Out of all my kids the only one brave enough was Emmy. I tell you what, she is the one kid I am most scared about with strangers!!! She pushed her way past some of the other kids just to have her turn and then when he picked her up Smokey turned to me and said that she was so cute he could take her back to his den with him! Emmy turned at that moment and said "Bye, Mommy!" I don't think I have pulled my kids away from someone so fast! I thought I had her distracted with watermelon and other kids but when I turned around there she was chasing that darned old bear!
No comments:
Post a Comment