Monday, October 5, 2009

Can you say....IT'S ABOUT TIME!!

Yes I am finally posting the pictures of the first day of school.... Life has been just a LITTLE crazy here lately. But someone told me it is better late than never!!
Brookey the Wookey is 8 years old and in the 3rd grade. She loves to read and I find that I love that she reads. She reads to Cora every day (and any of the others that will listen) without having to be asked plus she then reads her books for school. Her favorite subjects would HAVE to be Math and Science (I think someone is taking after her Dad!).
Jayden is 6 years old and in the 1st grade. Something we realized with him is that he will not be in a class all by himself until he is in 6th grade over in Manilla. Here in DJ we only have 2 teachers, one teaches K-2nd and the other teaches 3rd-5th. When he was in K he had to share class with Brooke and when he is in 1st and 2nd he will share with Cora then to start it all over again in 3rd grade with Brooke again. Unless by some MIRACLE we get a lot of kids and we have to get more teachers. Right now our WHOLE school is 23 kids in most schools that would be ONE class!! But we wouldn't change it for the world!! But back to Jayden...He loves school and loves art and recess. He is working really hard on his reading and we think he is doing great!!
My little CC is 5 years old and in Kindergarten. I miss having her help with the other two left at home but I am so happy that she gets to experience school. She LOVES everything about school except that she doesn't get to eat lunch at school yet. ALL IN DUE TIME!!!! She can't grow up THAT fast! She can't wait until she can read all by herself. She has come home with little books that they have made at home and has been SOOO proud that she can read it to us!!! Come January she will be reading full on!!

So there you have it! I have 3 of my 5 kids in school and have started to worry about what I will do with MYSELF when they are all in school. I might just get ALL caught up on scrapbooking and I CAN'T wait to have the house remain clean for more than 10 minutes!!

2 comments:

Carrie said...

Oh yay for the first day of school, I can't believe how fast they are growing up!? You have some of the cutest children in the world, love them SO MUCH!!

Kirsten Knowles said...

Fun! They're so beautiful and handsome :) Love the sunflower :)